Roles and responsibilities
Board of Directors
The main role of the Board of Directors is to ensure that the Chamber fulfills its mission. It is also responsible for the Chamber’s finances. Furhermore, it is also responsible for:
- Overseeing the operating budget and the management plan.
- Appointing the members who serve on the ChAD’s committees.
- Nominating the holders of certain functions (chairman, secretary, syndic, assistant of the syndic, secretary of the Discipline Committee).
Each administrator of the Board of directors makes a commitment to always act diligently and honestly. When giving advice or making a decision in the name of the ChAD, he or she must always make sure the best interests of the organization come before those his or her professional group, whether it comprises agents, brokers or claims adjusters.
In accordance with the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services, the Board of Directors of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages is made up of 13 members:
- 8 directors from the industry who are elected by the members:
- 3 officers of insurers (two certified and one not certified) that distribute their products mainly through damage insurance agents: elected by members who are agents;
- 3 certified officers of brokerage firms, including one firm employing 15 or fewer brokers: elected by members who are brokers;
- 1 certified officer of a insurer that distributes its products mainly through damage insurance brokers: elected by members who are claims adjusters;
- 1 certified officer of a claims adjustment firm (not employed by an insurer): elected by members who are claims adjusters.
- 5 independent directors appointed by the Minister of Finance.
(Updated November 21, 2022)
Chair of the Board
Sylvie Mercier, ASC, Independent Officer
Me Jean-Alexandre Gouin, Non Certified Direct Insurer Officer
- Sylvianne Chaput, M.SC. Finance, CPA, CFA, IAS.A, Independent Officer
- Mélissa Corriveau, Certified Direct Insurer Officer
- Richard Côté, CPI, Certified Claims Adjustment Firm Officer
- Joël Joncas, CPA, MBA, Independent Officer
- Ted Harman, Certified Brokerage Firm Officer
- Christian Kengne, ing., M.Sc., ASC, C.Dir,CISSP, Independent Officer
- Me Marie-Hélène Ménard, Certified Claims Adjustment Firm Officer
- Maxime Poulin, CRM, RIBO, Certified, Brokerage Firm Officer,
- Alain Le Put, Certified Direct Insurer Officer
- Guy Versailles, ARP, FSCRP, Independent Officer
- Louis Cyr, Certified Brokerage Firm Officer of 15 brokers or less