Deadlines related to renewing, terminating or cancelling personal insurance contracts
Renewal with or without changes to the premium or coverage, non-renewal, termination before the contract expiry date, aggravation of risk: these actions require communication between the insurer and insured, with deadlines for notices and effective dates established by various laws (Automobile Insurance Act, Civil Code of Québec) and occasionally by insurance contracts.
- Renewal with modifications to the premium or coverage by the insurer
- Non-renewal by the insurer
- Non-renewal by the insured
During the term of the contract
- Termination by the insurer
- Rescission by the insured of a contract concluded online or through a distributor
- Termination by the insured
- Aggravation of risk declared by the insured
- Undeclared aggravation of risk
Tools and resources to help you
Note: The printing of these tools is optimized for legal and color format. If you do not have a colour printer or a legal size printer, you can also print them in black and white and letter format.