For the reference period 2020-2021, the mandatory course Ethics Complaints: From Investigation to Discipline (AF2020) is intended to deepen the investigation and discipline process that follows the receipt of a complaint at the Syndic's Office of the ChAD. Accessible online at all times, the course aims to raise awareness of the obligations and consequences related to negligence, one of the most frequent grounds for complaint addressed each year to the Syndic's Office.
Mandatory course 2020-2021
Thanks to an interactive course, damage insurance professionals will be better equipped to eliminate certain frequent shortcomings in their daily lives and learn the legislative foundations of their main obligations.
Professionals have until December 31, 2021 to successfully complete this second mandatory course in order to fulfill their professional development obligations for the 2020-2021 reference period.
A number of industry professionals participated in designing the course to ensure that its reality-based scenarios reflect the actual experiences of professionals.
Mandatory course 2020-2021 | Ethics Complaints: From Investigation to Discipline
What you need to know
- The on-line course is available on the ChAD’s training site, ÉduChAD. Certified members have until December 31, 2021 to successfully complete the course.
- Two versions are available, one for damage insurance agents and brokers and the other for claims adjusters.
- PDUs earned by taking this course count towards the current 20 compulsory PDUs per reference period.
- The 2 PDUs granted are in Compliance and count towards the minimum 3 PDUs required in Compliance.
- The on-line course costs $60 per participant, in other words, $30 per PDU.
- Participants can take the course at the time, place and speed that suits them best. If need be, they can stop the course and resume taking it later.
- The course is available in French and in English.
Please review the following frequently asked questions about this mandatory course.
Frequently asked questions
Will it be possible to offer the on-line course to a group (for example, 30 people watching the training at the same time)?
For further information
For further information on professional development terms and conditions, please consult the following documents:
- Regulation respecting the Compulsory professional development of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages
- Gazette officielle du Québec, March 18, 2015, page 569.
You may also contact the Training Department at email@example.com, at 514 842-2591 or at 1 800 361-7288 ext. 115