For the reference period 2022-2023, the mandatory course for agents, brokers and claims adjusters is named : « You Be the Investigator! »
Discover the 2022-2023 reference period mandatory course on compliance. You will be diving into a new training experience. We are taking you on an adventure where you will play the role of an investigator. As such, you will be asked to analyze three ethics complaints submitted to the Syndic’s Office.
You will examine three major ethical obligations: your duty to inform the insured, to properly perform your work, and to act with professionalism.
The course, which focuses on concrete cases, is divided into four 30-minute modules that you can do at your own pace. You have until December 31, 2023 to successfully complete the course in order to fulfill your professional development obligations for the 2022-2023 reference period.
**All 5 english versions will be available soon.**
Want to know more? Watch the trailer.
(In french only).
What you need to know
- The on-line course is available on the ChAD’s training site, ÉduChAD. Certified members have until December 31, 2023 to successfully complete the course.
- Five versions are available :
- Damage insurance agent
- Commercial-lines damage insurance broker
- Personal-lines damage insurance broker
- Claims adjuster in personal-lines damage insurance
- Claims adjuster in commercial-lines damage insurance
- PDUs earned by taking this course count towards the current 20 compulsory PDUs per reference period.
- The 2 PDUs granted are in Compliance and count towards the minimum 3 PDUs required in Compliance.
- The on-line course costs $60 per participant, in other words, $30 per PDU.
- Participants can take the course at the time, place and speed that suits them best. If need be, they can stop the course and resume taking it later. The course is divided into four 30-minute modules.
- The course is available in French and in English.
Please review the frequently asked questions (in french only) about this mandatory course.
For further information
For further information on professional development terms and conditions, please consult the following documents:
- Regulation respecting the Compulsory professional development of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages
- Gazette officielle du Québec, March 18, 2015, page 569.
You may also contact the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, at 514 842-2591 or at 1 800 361-7288 ext. 115