To find out more about our vision, our values and our three priorities.
The mission of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages is to ensure the protection of the public by maintaining discipline among and supervising the training and ethics of damage insurance agents and brokers as well as claims adjusters.
To be recognized as a standard for professional practices and as a value-added, innovative and synergistic partner.
Our Four Values
Integrity: Act with honesty, authenticity and ethics.
Rigour: Strive for excellence through conscientious work and professionalism.
Commitment: Believe in the ChAD’s mission and promote it proactively.
Collaboration: Work and engage in reflection together, respectfully and in a spirit of openness, while acknowledging everyone’s contribution.
Priority 1: Develop a Collaborative Approach With All Stakeholders
1.1 Strengthen synergy and collaboration with the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF).
– Work with the AMF to update damage insurance regulations and oversight.
– Make information sharing faster and more efficient between the two organizations.
1.2 Connect with certified professionals to better understand their needs and realities.
– Meet with certified professionals to discuss their realities and the changes to their practices over time.
– Seek input on our work from professionals to ensure that the right services are offered.
1.3 Collaborate with certain partner organizations to promote ethics.
– Offer to collaborate with stakeholders.
– Promote collective reflection and knowledge sharing on new industry trends and their impacts on professional practice.
– Increase our presence and participation in various forums to contribute to the development of and reflection on professional practice.
Priority 2: Provide Distinct Services Adapted to Clienteles and Evolving Needs
2.1 Support certified professionals in their professional practices.
– Structure and improve support services.
2.2 Update and improve continuing education
– Contribute to improving the continuing education offer as a whole.
– Review the 2022–2023 mandatory course format.
– Facilitate the identification of training courses adapted to the needs of different types of certifications.
2.3 Inform consumers of the roles and obligations of professionals.
– Create and implement a new communications strategy to inform consumers of the roles and obligations of professionals.
– Structure the processing of consumer requests for information.
Priority 3: Optimize Our Practices
3.1 Increase our collective intelligence.
– Monitor trends and issues in the damage insurance industry.
– Increase information sharing between departments.
3.2 Foster a sense of belonging and promote professional development.
– Update our human resources management practices.
3.3 Improve our efficiency and performance.
– Update our digital platforms to better analyze data and client relations.
– Improve electronic management of documents.
3.4 Strengthen our governance.
– Optimize the strategic contributions of directors.
– Adopt best practices for governance and facilitate training for directors.