How to Obtain PDUs
The ChAD grants PDUs for training activities that are of educational value. Examples of eligible activities: a classroom course; a workshop; training offered during a convention, symposium or seminar; distance learning, either on-line or by videoconference.
The ChAD grants PDUs to the following persons:
- members who have participated in a recognized activity;
- members who have taken non-recognized training that meets the criteria for recognition;
Application to be granted PDUs directly in your training file on ÉduChAD;
- trainers who are members of the ChAD and have given a recognized training activity;
- members who have sat on the Discipline Committee of the ChAD; Application to be Granted PDUs for Sitting on the Discipline Committee of the ChAD (in French only) (January 2015);
- members who have taken a college or university-level course in a recognized program.
In order to earn your PDUs after participating in a training activity, please:
- make sure that the activity has been accredited*;
- sign the attendance sheet at the end of the activity, and write down your certificate number;
- make sure that your personal information on the attendance sheet is correct;
- attend the entire training activity–PDUs are only granted for completed training activities.
More Useful Information
- Notify the ChAD of any absence from work of more than four weeks should you wish to be exempted from a compulsory professional development activity for reasons of force majeure (sick leave, parental leave, etc.).
- If an accredited training activity is given in several sessions or if it includes an evaluation, PDUs are granted on the date of the first session or the date the course begins.
- Members may earn PDUs for a specific training activity a maximum of two times, as long as they participate in the activity during two separate reference periods.
- A member who has attended a non-accredited training activity may apply to the ChAD to have this training recognized. The member must simply fill out the form to that effect and include all documents and information requested.
* A training activity fulfills the ChAD’s requirements when the ChAD’s logo appears on the advertising for the activity. The logo also specifies the class and the number of PDUs.