|New technologies and your professional practice||New technologies and your professional practice||http://chad.ca/en/members/training/training-activities-offered-by-the-chad/in-house-training-sessions/8-19-2014/15/new-technologies-and-your-professional-practice|
No one can deny that the advent of the internet, e-mail, recorded phone calls and document digitization has greatly decreased our workload. But we need to adapt to such changes. Have you ever wondered whether an e-mail can legally replace the client’s actual signature on a paper document? Or whether your recording of a telephone call can be used in court? These are but a few of the questions that may arise and this course has been designed to give you the answers.
Damage insurance brokers and agents
Acquire an in-depth understanding of the legislative rules and the principles governing the use of new technologies as they apply to a damage insurance representative’s professional practice.
- Become familiar with the relevant legislative provisions governing the use of new technologies in a business environment;
- Become familiar with the appropriate use of e-mail (including the concept of the electronic signature), the validity of a recorded phone call, the management and preservation of electronic documents, as well as liability issues related to the use of these documents;
- Reflect upon how to implement the appropriate legislative standards in the workplace.
The following legislative principles:
- The Act to establish a legal framework for information technology;
- Relevant sections of the Civil Code, the Code of Civil Procedure and the Evidence Act;
- Relevant sections of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services;
- The management, secure use and preservation electronic documents;
- A damage insurance representative’s liability when using new technologies.
Me Michèle Saint-Onge, lawyer [
Trainer Profile ]
Please contact the Professional Development Department
- Telephone : 514 842-2591
- Toll-free : 1 800 361-7288
- E-mail :
TRAINING SESSIONS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS AND REGISTRATION ON-LINE
|Me Michèle Saint-Onge||GP0|#f1f1e8de-7a30-4d70-b61c-9ac26d40f7f8;L0|#0f1f1e8de-7a30-4d70-b61c-9ac26d40f7f8|Compliance;GTSet|#36945184-7345-4cd0-8bf6-46d59997accf||GP0|#56538a3a-fda6-4777-9386-065f70ae1394;L0|#056538a3a-fda6-4777-9386-065f70ae1394|Damage insurance agent;GTSet|#d35c0ec8-97ba-44bc-914c-9f4be9c456ef;GP0|#29dc6245-2ad0-4274-97a3-802bb802069a;L0|#029dc6245-2ad0-4274-97a3-802bb802069a|Damage insurance broker;GP0|#f821ff84-2d50-4dd0-bf42-3834f9611ffa;L0|#0f821ff84-2d50-4dd0-bf42-3834f9611ffa|Claim adjuster;GP0|#399ff908-0c96-4112-834a-9d732c064dbe;L0|#0399ff908-0c96-4112-834a-9d732c064dbe|Firm manager||GP0|#b906f75f-20ef-465a-b85e-fb46d2e2b7ff;L0|#0b906f75f-20ef-465a-b85e-fb46d2e2b7ff|Deontology and professional practice;GTSet|#23eecc6c-6433-4d78-9de3-27f685db2289||3 ||GP0|#a517b07a-4a63-4f8c-9087-befb6eea6fa7;L0|#0a517b07a-4a63-4f8c-9087-befb6eea6fa7|In-house Training Sessions;GTSet|#a70d8921-795f-4406-88a8-a4c40deb3b0b||GP0|#024a7f73-997f-4313-bafd-93652b97a2e5;L0|#0024a7f73-997f-4313-bafd-93652b97a2e5|Nouvelles technologies;GTSet|#22f925e1-1970-456c-beeb-d4a92344457d||Nouvelles technologies||3|