Saving Other Consumers from Experiencing the Same Situation Saving Other Consumers from Experiencing the Same Situation éviter que la situation se reproduise

​An individual may file a complaint with the Syndic’s office of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages if he: 

  • ​believes that a damage insurance professional has not fulfilled his duties or his ethical obligations; 
  • ​wants the professional to change his ways in order to save other consumers from having to deal with the same situation.

He can also contact the Autorité des marchés financiers (the Authority) to report a business or a representative. The Authority will then transfer the file to the ChAD if the complaint concerns a damage insurance professional.

Finally, pursuant to the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services, all insurers and firms must offer a complaint processing service; some may even offer the services of an ombudsman.

To learn more, please read Où porter plainte si je suis insatisfait des services d’un professionnel en assurance de dommages?​ (available in French only on the ChAD’s website)

10/24/2014 9:01:22 PM