|10 Questions to Ask Yourself When Renewing Home Insurance Policy||10 Questions to Ask Yourself When Renewing Home Insurance Policy||http://chad.ca/en/consumers/insuring-yourself-properly/home-insurance/208/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-when-renewing-home-insurance-policy|
A consumer’s residential needs may change frequently and these needs will certainly evolve over the years. It is important to notify your damage insurance representative of anything that could trigger changes to your insurance policy.
Although the damage insurance representative has a professional obligation to provide advice, it is the consumer who is in the best position to clearly identify the changes that he has made to his immediate environment during the course of the year and to provide an accurate assessment of his situation at renewal time. This information is essential to the insurance professional; without it, the professional will not be able to provide useful advice and offer the insured an insurance policy that best suits his needs.
10 questions to ask yourself
Even changes made many months ago that have almost been forgotten can have a significant impact on our insurance coverage requirements. We invite you to use these user-friendly checklists below to help you verify your needs and ensure that when insurance policy renewal time arrives, your homes will continue to enjoy sufficient insurance coverage. If you answer YES to any of the following questions, please contact your representative.
- Have you had any major renovations or repairs done to your home in the past year?
- Have you acquired anything that significantly increases the value of your belongings?
- Have you acquired any computer or multimedia equipment?
- Have you acquired any jewellery, valuable objects, antiques or works of art?
- Have you had a pool, spa or sauna installed?
- Have you had a secondary source of heating installed (wood, gas, oil, etc...)?
- Do you carry out any professional or commercial work at home or store any work-related equipment at home such as tools, computers, etc.?
- Have you had a home alarm system installed or deactivated?
- Have you bought a dog or an exotic pet?
- Is there a new resident in your home?
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of questions and is presented simply as a guide. If you are unsure about the information to provide to your damage insurance professional, don't hesitate to contact him or her.
You can also consult the others notices of renewal for:
|10/25/2016 4:12:59 PM|